Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Anchors and Rocks.....

O.K., so I found this poem online by Mike Shaw.  It's titled "Anchors and Rocks."

Anchors And Rocks
Keep you safe
Keep you secure
Stop you drifting with the tide
And let you come home
Anchors and rocks
More precious
Than any other stone or metal.

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. Selah" (Psalm 46:1-3)
 Rocks and Anchors move some, but not very much. What if we were to substitute Jesus in for the anchor, and our mentors for the rocks?  My anchor, Jesus, is the best part of my life. I wake up ready to start the day with Him. But as time goes by, I tend to slip away and get stressed out about finding something or get worried about something and go panicky. That's when I run, away from everything and run home to Jesus. I don't take running lightly either, I AM NOT a runner. I run alot, but something I think about is running to Jesus. Jesus is going to let you come home to Him.
On to the rocks, my rock is my mentors. These people include, my parents, my teachers, my small group leaders, my best christian friends, etc. The people I can trust with everything. I have a REALLY hard time focusing on school at the end of the year and these are the people that I can count on to help me through my trouble in studying.
Precious metals are the people that I watch, but don't really want to follow their example. I'm not one of those crazy middle-school girls who smears makeup on a chases everybody, has a really loud voice(although I really project decently....!!!) I don't participate in every middle-school gathering, I have my best friends and then my friends who aren't really there very often. I generally am a quiet person around people I don't really know.
How many of us really worry about something and can not let it go with out finishing it fully? TOTALLY ME! If I have something due this thursday, and can not find it. I will get SUPER STRESSED OUT! I can only run to god and say, "This is what is going on. Can you help me?"
Recently I read about the word selah. Most scholars think it means to pause. I think it means that this thing that the guy just said was really important. God apparently wants us to understand that he is our refuge and strength in times of trouble.

I'm going to God, I'm running to God, for He is my Anchor.



No comments:

Post a Comment