Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

A letter to y'all from a person struggling with the same issues.

Our God is not dead. Nothing you say or do can separate you from his love. Isn't that amazing? That there is a god who loves you so much that he sent his son to die so that you can be free. I am NEW. God has made me perfect and blameless and it doesn't matter what the world  tells me, because I am blameless and perfect in his sight. Isn't that amazing?

What the world might tell me:
You are not good enough.
You will not ever suceede in life.
You will never look good enough.
You are a failure.
You will never be the right person.
You will never be thin enough.
You willl never look like those people on the TV. 

My mom recently sent me an email that had a letter from God in it and I want y'all who read this and have stuck with me this far to read this slowly and think about it.
Date: FOREVER


Dear___________________________,


When you think you are ugly, I know you are beautiful.
The days you feel like you are not measuring up, you are exceeding my expectations.
Just when you think you haven't done enough, I step in and do the rest.
Where you find the end of the rope, that is exactly where I will be.
You are never alone, I am always near.
When your faith in people leaves, I will be there to hold to.
Occasionally you will walk/run away, I will be waiting to see you again.
When you wish for so much more, I am there to give it to you.
When you don't know what else to say, I am there to speak;
Hopefully at that time you will listen.
When you are weak, I am strong.
Some storms will come calling, but I am in charge of those too.  
When the road seems long, I have a map.
Sometimes the plan will seem to not exist, but I hold it right here in my hands.
The world will tell you that you don't measure up, except I know they are wrong. 
When hope is lost, I will remind you I AM. 



I love you only for who you are-- everyday.


Love, 
God

Doesn't that just strike a hole in you? Doesn't that help to fill that part in you that says , I will never___________. 

One of my favorite songs is: White Flag. We need to be ignoring what the world tells us and surrender our lifes to God. I'm not the only one who struggles with this. Today's a new day. Let's life gloriously trusting in God!

Hannah
 

1 comment: