Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Private Devotion

I LOVE to steal awhile away
From every cumbering care, 
and spend the hours of setting day
In humble, grateful prayer

I love, in solitude, to shed 
the penitential tear;
And all His promises to plead,
When none but God can hear

I love to think on mercies past,
And future good implore,
And all my cares and sorrows cast
On Him whom I adore

I love, by faith, to take a view,
Of brighter scenes in heaven;
The prospect doth my strength renew
While here by the tempest driven.

Thus, when life's toilsome day is o'er
May its departing ray
Be calm as this impressive hour
And lead to endless day

I'm technically not supposed to be writing on my blog right now. I'm supposed to be memorizing this poem that's due Thursday. I think I have the most of it down. Just think about these words

2 comments:

  1. Hehe, hey This is the link to my blog. I'm still working on layout but you can check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love your blog girl! So sad we are both pulling out of classical! We need to get together! that's a lot of exclamation points....hehe

      Delete