Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Dear journal,

Today was exhausting. I spent about 3 hours getting ready for school to start and will do so for the rest of the week, as school starts august 1 in my homeschooling.  I ran 1 1/2 miles this morning much to the amusement of the walkers my brother tagged along with me. he's 5 I'm 12. He doesn't quite keep up with me.  It was raining cats and dogs a few minutes ago. with thunder every 20 seconds and lightning every 15. Does anyone have ANY  idea how to figure out(in a simple way!) how close a storm is to you. please tell me.......
once we all most got hit by lightning that's for you, Winnie. We were heading out to get ice cream in the middle of a big thunderstorm (smart right) and my dad goes out to the car to get the umbrella, which if you've studied Benjamin Franklin is not a great idea. So we are all standing on the porch and suddenly a flash of light was right next to us in our yard, and I remember felling tingly, so dad finally realizes that getting an umbrella in a thunderstorm is a terrible idea. We all run out and get in the car. Well it finally stopped raining so I'm gonna go outside and run around and get my body excercixed some more.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That sounds like a fun and exciting day! You and your dad are right.
    Umbrellas are bad during a thunderstorm. The lightning get attracted to tall things. It is also a good idea to stay away from trees.

    I hope you had fun getting ice cream!!!!!!!!!!

    Winnie

    ReplyDelete