Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Dealing with Temptation

Welcome to the Cottage!

I had sooooooo much fun today.  We went to the park to celebrate my sister's birthday!  I always seem to get jealous when my sisters get things I want and I want to play with them all the time.   I always want to look in her bags beforehand and see what she got.  But I don't because it says in James 1:13-16, 4:7, that you must do several things to avoid temptation:

1. Submit to God by giving your life to him (James 4:7a)
2. Just say NO (James 4:7b)
3. Run (James 4:7c)

Normally it is not a good thing to run, but in this case it is the wisest thing to do. I got this list from Pastor Bryant Wright, Sr. 's sermon. He was elected the leader of the Southern Baptist Convention this year.  My church's website is http://www.johnsonferry.org/.  Please pray for him as he leads the Convention and that he will make wise plans for the Southern Baptists.

                                                           -Hannah Grace

2 comments:

  1. Oh Hannah, I am so proud of you starting a blog. I am going to be reading and can't wait to hear what God is teaching you. I just love the book of James so much. There are times when I feel like it was written just for me.

    Miss Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! God is using you and I can't wait to see what he does!

    In Christ,
    Anna Leigh

    ReplyDelete