Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

A Dependency on the Father

In John 7 and 8, Jesus continuously refers back to His Father as being the one who teaches Him, and gives Him life. Jesus is taught by and is dependent on the Father. He also gives glory to the Father for helping Him and speaking through Him. If my goal is to be like Jesus in everything, then I need to be constantly depending on the Father for everything.

  1. Jesus is taught by the Father 
  2. Jesus gives glory to the Father 
  3. Jesus is dependent on the Father for everything
My father is a constant encouragement to me. He is always trying to help me learn something. I believe that our heavenly father is just the same way. He is always trying to help us learn more about Him. Jesus said that His Father taught Him and spoke through Him.   It is my goal to be always taught by the Father and to speak His will. 

To give glory to the Father is to attribute everything that you do to the Father's name. Jesus never says, " I did this, or This was my doing only." He praised the Father for helping Him to be who He is.  My goal is to bring God glory, by always praising Him for who He is.

 To be dependent on the Father is to constantly turn to Him for help. I wish I could say I am perfect at this, but sadly, I always fail. God is teaching me to lean upon him and let Him be my guide. I am learning to pray over other believers when they need a verbal prayer. Sometimes verbally praying over someone can show them that you really care.

All praise to the Lamb who sits on the throne!
Hannah N

No comments:

Post a Comment