Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Wasting your life

When you think about wasting your life, you think about not getting good grades, or throwing it away for something bad. That's not how John Piper thinks about it. John Piper believes that God has called us to live life with a passion. That passion is to joyfully show his greatness in all aspects of life. A Wasted Life is a life without this passion.

Philippians 1: 20-24
I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. 21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. 22 If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! 23 I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; 24 but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body.

We should not be ashamed of the gospel but have courage to let Christ be exalted in our bodies. If this means, doing something you don't want to do to let Christ be exalted, by all means do it! My mom is very sick right now, and feels very weak. However, I have to be strong for her and pray for her. We have a conference tomorrow that starts up in Chattanooga tomorrow afternoon, that I have to trust God that we will  be able to make it up there in time.

If we live through Christ and have the passion of following Christ for who He is and not what he gives, dying will be gain, because in dying we will go to heaven if we follow Christ with a passion. But if Christ allows us to live a long time, we are supposed to be working and providing fruit so that when we see him face to face, he will say, "Good job, Good and Faithful Servant." 

If I was to die today, which would be scary for my family, I would go to live with Christ, but that would be better than on living on earth, because in Heaven there is no evil. But God has called us to remain with the body, and be an encourager.

So, In summary, a life that is wasted is one that does not serve God with a passion of doing things for Him and not for what he gives. A passion for God is someone who does things for Christ, and knows that while dying would take away all pain and suffering, Christ called us to be on this earth to bring a message of peace and joy to people who have never heard it before. This is amazing! 

I got this from Don't Waster Your Life by John Piper.

Prayer Requests:
1) my mom is feeling really sick right now, pray for protection and safety
2) I have my FIRST and ONLY swim meet this fall in 17 days!!!

2 comments:

  1. Good post, Hannah! I'm glad you don't want to waste your life. I'll be praying for your mom to feel better and that you have fun at the conference. I'll also pray for your swim meet, I am sure you will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post Hannah! I am glad the Lord helped me to feel better!

    ReplyDelete