Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

True Love-Part 2

Today, we are going to get into the subject of mentors. Titus 2:3-5 talks about the importance of young men and women having a mentor to guide them through life.

This is the model for a mentor:
 Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior, not malicious gossips nor enslaved to much wine, teaching what is good, so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be dishonored.

The importance of a person to guide you through life is great. God is always there, but to have a person to look at and follow is amazing.
Some of my mentors are:
my parents
my teachers: Mrs. Ligas, Mrs. Davis
people at church: Wendy Trent, Mrs. Thomas

Sometimes if you have a really wise friend, they can be a mentor. Most of my friends are the crazy middle school type who love you to death, but when it comes to wisdom can be lacking. Not always, just sometimes. 
That's the importance of a mentor. I look up to these people above and trust them, because if something were to happen to one of my parents, I would go to them.

 
 Hope you look for a mentor in your daily life.

-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment