Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Forever Reign


Devo Time:

 I have decided to run through 25 lies throughout the next couple of months and go through the book: Lies Young Women Believe. 

 Lie #1-God is NOT enough

My heart will sing
no other Name
Jesus, Jesus

Oh, I’m running to Your arms
I’m running to Your arms
The riches of Your love
Will always be enough
Nothing compares to Your embrace
Light of the world forever reign

I hope that drove you to tears. It always makes me cry.
What do you want more of, that you do not have? Would that be enough?
think through the examples in your life.....  


I have a problem with this song. I love the song, love the lyrics,  but at some point it hits me. How many times has my heart sung to something else than Jesus Christ? Almost constantly, I am wanting something that is not what I need or what God knows I need. This is denial that God is in control. In my mind, I know that God is sovereign and good. In my heart I distrust this.  I have decided to run back to God today as I fight to run back to Him.

God Is Enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment