Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Relating the past few days in a post. PART 1

Friday:

I was turning 13 @ 6:04 on Sunday.  I've already had all the sugar I can eat for a VERY long time. I had a party with my friends on Friday night and we had a HUGE turnout. Almost everyone I invited came. We had at least 9 middle school girls, and for a Friday night, right after school: that was AMAZING! I thought that my party was over, all we had left was a small family party on Sunday night.  Boy...was I wrong!

Saturday:
It was clean the house day. :-( not that don't mind cleaning a little. But this was OVER THE TOP MAJOR CLEANING! I don't think the house has been this clean since we got the place since I was 3.  I was kind of mad because my sisters kept copying everything that I was doing. I wanted to watch TV, so did they. I was sitting in a chair, got up to get some water and when I came back, it had been taken. I was reading an important school book and set it down, for a thinking break. My sister took it and started shaking it. At this point I was frustrated with her. I no longer had enough patience to wait one more second. I went and I told dad, pouring out all of my frustration. Maybe it was all an accident, but to me it just seemed plain rude. We had a talk together and removed some of the trouble inside of our selves. I was no longer mad, but I was needing some attention from God.
That night I got out my bible. I had not had a bible time in so long I was beginning to feel the need to start it back up again.  I had gotten a new journal and had decided to use it for my bible study. When I opened it, I found that there was a bible verse on each page. Saturday's was: Deuteronomy 33:27

 
27 “The eternal God is a dwelling place,
And underneath are the everlasting arms;
And He drove out the enemy from before you,
And said, ‘Destroy!’

That hit home. It didn't matter what I was studying that night.  Then I started thinking about a story I had either read or heard recently. I am not sure where!

There was a man and God and they were looking over the man's life together. His life in heaven was like a beach with some small rocks and some massive boulders. He was reviewing his life and everything he had said and done with God. Imagine that relationship! as they were walking along the beach they came to the boulder and the man saw only one footprint going across it. He didn't say anything about it though, and continued walking. The same thing happened on the next big boulders. He asked God at the end of the tour, "Why are there only one set of footprints on the boulders? You said you would be with me always. How come I'm alone in that part of my life?" God replied, "My son, you were not alone for I am with you always, I picked you up and carried you through that part of your life. "

That really connected to the verse for me. Don't get all scientific and say, you can't leave footprints on boulders. That's NOT the point of the story. The point is that God will never leave you or forsake you. He is with you always and though he might carry you through with his everlasting arms. He is STILL there.

-Hannah







No comments:

Post a Comment